Conditions: Nice. Mid-50’s and dry.
Six PAX (including 1 FNG) swallow the Red Pill for the 1st weekday workout following the official launch of F3 in Johnson City. The PAX were pretty chatty—perhaps the anxious energy of not knowing what to expect. YHC wanted to make the first early morning trip into the Gloom worth the effort.
- SSH (20 IC)
- TTT (15 IC)
- Imperial Walkers (15 IC)
- LBAC (10 each way IC)
- Merkins (10 IC)
- Squats (10 IC)
Mosey to the Amphitheater
Rotation 1—Jump, Push, Squat, Run Ladder (3 rounds; 20, 15, 10 reps)
- Jump to each landing alternating Merkins/Squats at each landing
- 4 landings total: 2 sets of merkins, 2 sets of squat each round
- Take a lap around the short loop back to the start
- Rinse and repeat, decreasing reps by 5 each round
Mosey back to the field by the bridge
Rotation 2—Pendulum of Pain (4 rounds)
- Run the width of the field and back (half gasser) -> 25 Merkins
- Cross bridge to retaining wall -> 20 Face smashers (10 each leg)
- Face smashers—single leg high knee steps ups—a movement that resembles high Muay Thai knee from the high clinch—face smasher
- Back to center -> 25 LBCs
- Rinse and repeat
- Flutter kicks (20 IC)
- Superman’s (15 OYO)
- Iron Mary’s (10 OYO)
- American Hammers (15 IC)
- Dying cockroaches (10 IC)
Strong work by the PAX—especially given this was only the 2nd F3 workout by the new Johnson City crew. This is going to be a chatty crew. They already have the routine down, counting, cadence, etc. The workout was more difficult that it appeared on the Weinke. The retaining wall is high—a solid 2 feet—the face smashers were a bit of a smoker.
Welcome FNG Josh Berry (Pythagoras). Johnson City native, hiker, runner, local math teacher—Pythagoras it is.
Saturday, Week 2 of the official launch. New group of guys from Lexington (SC) will be coming up to lead the group. There will be no shortage of sweat—or laughs.