With eight brothers gearing up for the Goliath 10K course on Sunday, I was inspired to simulate a run-heavy obstacle course as best as we could on our home turf. Plus, I hate to run, so I always schedule a lot of it when I’m on the Q.
- Through The Tunnel (15 IC)
- Willie Mays Hayes (15 IC)
- Baby Arm Circles (20 IC, each direction)
- Side Straddle Hop (51 IC)
- Complete as many 1/2 mile (ish) laps as you can in 35 minutes, with staggered calisthenic interruptions including: 5 Burpees, 20 Merkins, 20 Dips, 1 Fist Bump, 20 Squat Jumps, 5 Wall Jump Ups, and a 30-Second Hamstring Stretch per lap. Encouraging notes about how sexy and capable the PAX are were written on ground, along the way.
- Flutter Kicks (100+ IC) I think the last guy collapsed around 107. Singlet is the man!
Circle Of Trust
Counterama with 20 in attendance, for a new Thursday record. Welcome FNG “Sweater Vest”
Most of the guys got in four laps (2 miles); a handful of us got in three (1 1/2 miles), but everybody worked hard and got in good work. Shout-out to Slugger and Jobs who have been bringing it since their first day. You guys inspire me. This is one of those days that I know I would have done less if I didn’t have buddies working alongside me (Thanks 2nd Amendment, Blueberry Fairy, and Keystone).
- Shirt pre-order closes on October 18th. If you want to order, get on it.
Iron HorseJohnson City
- Goliath at the Gorge Sunday, October 16th
- 2nd Annual Northeast Tennessee Veterans Ruck and Roll on November 5th. We need to get a crew together for this event.
- Seeds planted about volunteer hours for the Food Bank at University Parkway and a can drive in November. Sweaty Palms and Baby have the lead.