21 men (including FNG Pauly) braved the ice-covered paths of Founders Park, eventually seeking refuge on Graveyard Hill, steady ground for which our legs (and arms) paid dearly.
Note: Just in case anyone was wondering. I weighed a block when I got home and it clocked in right at 30 pounds.
- Side Straddle Hops 20 IC
- Through The Tunnel 10 IC
- Baby Arm Circles 10 IC (each direction)
- Shoulder Pretzels 10 IC
Everybody grab a block. We won’t put them down again until we’re done.
Mosey clockwise over the two bridges and circle up at the “bottom” of the inner loop. From there…
We’re going to mosey the inner lap, counter-clockwise, stopping at every other light post to do work. While moseying, block must be carried overhead or in a curl position, not on the shoulder (Note: For some of us, this didn’t last long. A thirty-pound brick gets heavy on the biceps fast.)
- 2nd Light = 20 Merkins on block.
- 4th Light = 20 Squats.
- 6th Light = 20 Curls.
- 8th Light = 20 Squats.
- 10th Light = 20 Overhead Presses.
- 12th Light = 20 Squats.
- Rinse, repeat all six again: Merkins, Squats, Curls, Squats, Overhead Presses, Squats.
Mosey to the hill. Plank on your block until the six arrives. Once we’re all there…
- 10 Merkins, then lunge up to the second light pole.
- 10 Merkins, then lunge up to the third light pole.
- 10 Merkins, then mosey down to the bottom.
- 10 Curls, then lunge up to the second light pole.
- 10 Curls, then lunge up to the third light pole.
- 10 Curls, then mosey down to the bottom.
- 10 Overhead Presses, then lunge up to the second light pole.
- 10 Overhead Presses, then lunge up to the third light pole.
- 10 Overhead Presses, then mosey down to the bottom.
- Plank on your block until the six arrives.
Mosey back to the amphitheater.
I had 20 Boat/Canoe Crunches IC planned, with our sixes balanced on our blocks, but we ran out of time due to icy ground and 30 pound blocks slowing us down. I think we were all happy to put our blocks on the ground at this point so, no complaints.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
Count-a-rama with 21 in attendance. FNG “Pauly” (Mike Whelan, 24). Pauly referring to Pauly Shore via the movie “Son in Law” because he’s dating Kardashian’s daughter. Welcome!
After the shoulder abuse that Honcho brought Saturday, and all of the arm work we did today, I’m gonna skip brushing my teeth, changing my shirt, and maybe pointing or using my arms at all; because I really just want to rest them on a table, and not use my biceps. Here’s a shout-out to any of you who are in the under 200 club (not me) for lugging as much as 20% of your body weight around today. It was hard for me. I know it was hard for you. You guys are the real deal. Not one of us should be afraid of a ruck now because it’s got to be easier to carry it on your back than to carry it in your arms.
You guys are studs, one and all. 21º. We’re in. Icy path. No problem. Extra 30 pounds. Cool. Second arm day in a row. Bring it. F3 Johnson City is representing, and getting stronger, no doubt.
Shout out to Donatello, the destroyer of concrete, breaking stuff before we even began. Sheesh.
- Cooter and Blueberry Fairy are participating in the Johnny Hunt Men’s Conference in Alpharetta Georgia, and are coordinating hotels and tickets for any who would like to attend. Visit johnnyhuntmensconference.com for more info, and let them know if you’re interested.
- We’re still looking for HCs (hard commits) for the Knoxville 1/2, Ragnar, and a host of other CSAUP events that are upcoming. I’m sure Donatello will send an email with specifics. For some of us, it’s time to let go of your fear/uncertainty/pride, and just HC for something. If we’re not climbing, we’re slipping.