Conditions: 55 Cool and Soggy Ground
Prayer – Sweaty Palms
• SSH (30 IC)
• Through the Tunnel (20 IC)
• Merkins (10 IC)
• Abe Vigoda (20 IC)
• Willie Mays Hays (20 IC)
• Merkins (10 IC)
• Little Baby Arm Circles (10 IC Each Way)
• Imperial Walkers (20 IC)
• Hillbilly Walkers (20 IC)
Mosey along outer loop to retaining wall
• Dips (20 OYO)
• Step Ups (10 each leg OYO)
• Incline Merkins (10 OYO)
Mosey to the large steal artwork
• Squats (20 IC)
• Big Boy Sit ups (20 OYO)
• Hands Free Merkins (10 OYO)
Mosey to the inner loop bridge
• Flutter kicks (20 IC)
• Shoulder Pretzels (20 IC)
• Carolina Dry Dock (10 OYO)
Mosey through the inner loop back to the middle of the field.
• With partner – P1 runs 20 yards performs 5 SSH, lunges back 10 yards, performs 5 plank jacks, bear crawls to start. P2 begins a set merkins. Continue run until the team completes a set of 50 merkins and 100 big boy sit ups.
• Black Jack – The entire group, run ~30 yards perform 1 merkin – run back – perform 20 LBCs. Run back and do 2 merkins. Run back for 19 LBCs. Repeat until you do 20 merkins and 1 LBC, running between the sidewalks. Always adds up to 21 – BLACK JACK! We cut this short to get to the music.
• Thunderstruck – In a circle, high knees as the music began (Thunderstruck: AC/DC). When you hear thunder/thunderstruck you squat and hold until you hear it again. Continue alternating between high knees and squats until the end of the song. It is safe to say, we were shaken in our knees.
• As the song ended we had an unexpected visit from the Iron Horse (burpees OYO).
Announcements/welcome: Welcome FNG-Abraham M. (Richard Simmons). The group ran 1.38 miles today during the Q.
Closing Prayer – Sweaty Palms
Moleskin: During my morning devotions I read Mark 4:21-25. The reading shows how the light of Christ affects our lives. While it is easy to think that light illuminates, brightness and delights us, it can also be disconcerting. When we walk into the darkness, the light we shine, can uncover the unsavory things in our world and in ourselves. It is a fitting passage for F3; we should feel called to shine the light within to strive to be better husbands, fathers, and men, and be that light to the world. I have always tried to teach my children that hard work pays off. Isn’t it wonderful when our deeds reap much more than we sow. I am grateful for the PAX; I feel I am accumulating a debit that I will never be able to repay. Thanks (disclaimer: not only am I not a professional trainer, I am not an ordained minister. I am just a man who is trying very hard to improve myself one day at a time).