11 PAX met a modified Murph this morning, some being introduced to Murph for the first time. For others…this wasn’t their maiden voyage. With the real deal Murph coming up on Memorial Day and the announcement of a 1-mile AYG race in JC on June 7, it seemed fitting to practice what Murph has to offer. Work was done, mumblechatter light, and sweat was left on the paths of the AO.
Weather: Awesome – low 60s and dry
Prayer – Rite Aid
- SSH x 25 IC
- TTT x 10 IC
- WMH x 10 IC
- 10 burpees OYO
- Mosey to cone
- 1 mile run – 2+ laps around outside of AO until hit 1 mile. Keep own time for 1 mile. The PAX were encouraged to make the mile an AYG mile. Several sub-7s and I think everyone done under 10.
- Mosey to amphitheater when hit 1 mile
- Begin sets of 5 rows with 30lb plate/block, 10 merkins, 15 squats. Keep track of sets with chalk marks.
- At 0600 mosey to cone to start mile 2. The PAX were again encouraged to make the second mile look similar to the first. Sure didn’t feel the same though. Slower, but solid times.
- Begin sets of 5 rows with 30lb plate/block, 10 merkins, 15 squats until 0612. Keep track of sets with chalk marks.
- Flutter kicks x 20 IC
- LBCs 3-count hold x 20 IC
- Heels to Heaven x 10 IC
Moleskin – I’ve always wished I enjoyed running as much as some of the folks with whom I have the pleasure of running. But to be honest, I don’t enjoy it much. More than I used to, but still nota love affair. It’s good for my body, and the fellowship that often comes with it is good for my soul. T-claps to Pythagoras for being my running buddy for coming up on 5 years now. T-claps to Depends for getting better. It’s noticeable in only a couple of weeks. T-claps to the PAX for pushing yourselves to be better than you were at 0530 for for leaving IronHorse sweatier than you found it.