– Merkin, walk hands back halfway to the feet in pike position, Carolina Drydock, then walk hands back to plank for one complete cycle
– Plank position jump feet up to the right/left sides adjacent to the hands then back to the plank (emphasize plank not pike)
– single leg step up then bring opposite leg’s knee up high toward chest, opposite foot does not touch the step (emphasize controlled lowering vice dropping back down)
Ab Exercise: American Hammer (Adjustable number of reps – Do not let the PAX know how many…until the six arrives and completes at least 10 reps)
– Start in Derkin position with feet on on the wall, first donkey kick, then Derkin (emphasize engaging the abs and keeping the body straight– no pikes)
x20 Donkey kicks
– Stay in the same position but pump out 20 more Donkey kicks (emphasize engaging the abs and keeping the body straight– no pikes)
x30 Wall jumps
They said it couldn’t be done. The 1 year convergence of F3 Northeast Tennessee, which includes the three AO’s of Iron Horse; Arrowhead; Iron Valley, brought together 68 (T-claps to the men of Iron Valley from Erwin for showing up with 25 strong!) men to celebrate one year of F3 in the Johnson City area. YHC was completely blown away as the clock crept closer to 0700 and car after car pulled into the parking lot and an endless parade of #HIM’s strolled onto the hallowed grounds of our basecamp that is Iron Horse. Just 12 short months ago 16 men showed up to what was then only known as Founders Park. Some came because they were asked and don’t know how to say “no”. Some came because they like working out and this F3 thing sounded cool. Still other came because they happen to live next to the guy praying that folks will show up.
Nevertheless, they showed up. Some of them only lasted a couple of weeks, while others kept coming back. Those that came back asked others to come out too; then those men asked other to join. Before YHC could blink 1 AO had become two. Then two became three, and an unofficial run group became official at a fourth location.
Not only were men showing up for early morning workouts in unpleasant weather (ie Iron Horse one lovely Saturday with 5” of snow and a balmy 18°), but they were looking forward to Murph’s and several CSAUP events.
As YHC said this morning to our fearless leader, “thank you” does not do justice and is too soft of an expression for what this group has meant. This is what YHC does know; that as a group that has logged countless miles, performed an unknown amount of merkins, squats, and burpees (thank you burpee train), and sweated more than we probably thought was possible. One could only look around that massive circle and be moved by the cect that 68 men are well on their way to becoming better versions of themselves than before they started, and that can only ripple out to our homes, work places, and community.
Today clearly could not have been possible without: first and foremost Donatello for wanting to bring F3 here, secondly to the men that show up every week and put in the work. Lastly, YHC wants to thank the OG’s that help put today together…Penn Segeal, Rite Aid, Singlet, Cooter, Escape Hatch and Pythagoras. Major T-claps brothers…
In the list of Pax, please forgive YHC if an (R) or (FNG) is left off or added incorrectly.