With the July Merkin challenge in full swing, 25 PAX were assured they would meet their totals today during the workout—without a single set with more than 10 reps.
- Merkins (5 OYO)
- SSH (20 IC)
- LBAC (10 IC)
- Squats (10 IC)
- TTT (10 IC)
- IW (10 IC)
- Windmills (10 IC)
It’s time to introduce the PAX to the Burp/Merkin ladder. The PAX performed a single burpee, progressivly adding a single merkin rep at the bottom. Since we are men—we went up to 10 AND back down to 1. Deceptive. Shut the mumble chatter up quickly.
That’s a nice even 100 merkins if you are keeping count
Mosey over to Tombstone Hill for some more…merkins with a side of burpees.
Bent Jacobs Ladder
- Up the hill -> 1 burpee back down -> 10 merkins
- Progress 7 trips up the hill adding a burpee each trip up to 7
Are you kidding me? Bent Jacobs ladder was rudely interrupted by the burpee train…
That’s another 70 merkins + 28 including burpee reps (98 total).
Mosey over to the Ampitheater for some 120’s (introduced by YHC on Week 4 of the launch)
- 10 merkins at base level -> 5 box jumps to next level -> 10 squats -> 5 box jumps to next level -> 10 merkins -> 5 box jumps to next level -> 10 squats (20 merkins & 20 squats each round)
- Rinse and repeat for 6 rounds
That’s another 120 merkins and an exact total of 323 on the day (plus any burpee train reps). Stick a fork in the arms—they are done.
Strong work by the PAX. We have 20+ participating in the 10,000 merkin challenge and others continuing various other extended challenges. These guys are killing it. I wanted to do my part to help the men get in their reps.
- 2nd F get together at the Highlands neighborhood pool (July 15th)
- Crazy 8’s in Kingsport (July 15th)
- Kingsport launch (August 12)