Nice soggy day to play in the mud
Q: Training Wheels – AKA Sweaty Wheels (18th BDay Rename)
Pax: Sweaty Palms, Crampon, Road Block, Speed Bump, Launch Pad, FNG- Frazier, Glory, Donatello, Jobs, JarJar, El-Chapo, Animal, Rosco, Catfish (visiting-welcome), Penn Seagal, Rudy, Jimmy Neutron, Radar, Queen, Ponzi, Baby, Heisenberg
PRAYER- Training Wheels
- SSH (18 IC)
- Through the Tunnel (18 IC)
- Abe Vigoda (18 IC)
- Merkin (18 IC)
- Willie Mays Hays (18 IC)
- Hillbilly Walkers (18 IC)
- Dora’s twin sister and she is a lil’ cray cray. Use the same concept as the regular Dora, 2 PAX work together to reach cumulative exercise goals of 100 (Merkins), 200 (LBC’s), and 300 (squats) reps. 1 PAX member will execute as many reps as possible while PAX 2 sprints to cone 1, 1 Chin-knee, sprint back to partner, touch, sprint to cone 2, 2 Chin-knee’s, sprint back to partner, switch with partner. PAX member picks up where PAX member doing the exercises left off.
- Perform 1 Merkin – run to the far cone – perform 20 Chin-knee’s. Run back and do 2 Merkins. Run back for 19 Chin-knee’s. Repeat until you do 20 Merkins and 1 Chin-knee, running between the sidelines. Always adds up to 21 – BLACK JACK!
- LBC (18 IC)
- Copperhead Squat (18 IC) – slow squat hands behind head
- OPEN MIKE – Rudy did elevators
- We then had a visit from the Iron Horse so burpees were on the menu
2nd F tonight (pool party with M’s and shorties. Crazy 8’s run tonight.
MOLESKIN- Sweaty Palms Emotional Hijacking of Sweaty Wheel’s Q(love ya old fart)
A special thank you to PAX members (Baby, Penn-Seagal, Queen, and Donatello) who participated in the gift giving for Training Wheels big day; a VBDay Q. As his father and chief mentor I can not think of a better way to start his 18th birthday celebration than with this group of Godly men, who are working hard every day to improve their lives and the lives of their families. They are all positive role models.
WHAT I HOPE TO TEACH MY SON:
As fathers of faith we must not become complacent in our parenting. As men, we to often focus on our role as providers at the expense of being nurtures and teachers of unconditional love. As young children, I made an extra effort to teach my 2.0’s that their father would love them “no matter what.” “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” John 15:9. I also always wanted them to know that their father would, “always have their back.” As they grew older, they also began to understand that this gave me the strategic position of kicking them in the back side (figuratively) when they needed it.
WHAT MY SON HAS TAUGHT ME:
Eighteen years and 1 day ago I was a much different man. I was someone who always believed I was in control. With the emergency birth of my son and my wife’s medical complications, I was awaken to the false sense of control we have in our lives. Only our Father could Shepard me through the moment. Christ carried me, he lifted me up, he gave me strength. I felt his presence and knew that no matter what the consequence he would be with me.
PRAYER- Newly named Sweaty Wheels