November 23, 2017
Weather – Approximately 28 Degrees and Dark
10 Pax: Rite-Aid, Pythagoras, Penn-Seagal, Sheppard, Singlet, Swingline, Roadblock, Ponch, Brownie, and Kardashian
COT/Prayer – Roadblock
Side Straddle Hop x 15 (4 count in cadence)
Merkins x 10 (4 count in cadence)
Abe Vigoda x 12 (4 count in cadence)
Through the Tunnel x 10 (4 count in cadence)
10 men braved the cold for a trot across Johnson City Downtown. We left the wire at Founders Park Amped-Theater and moved to our objective at Girls, Inc. Hill. It needs a name.
Leg 1 – Mosey from Amped-Theater to top of Tombstone Hill – Introduce the Switzer – 30 American Hammers
Leg 2 – Mosey from top of Tombstone Hill to empy lot at SE Corner of Boone and Main – 30 Merkins
Leg 3 Mosey from empty lot at SE Corner of Boone and Main to King Commons Park – 30 Dips on the Wall
Leg 4 Mosey from King Commons Park to Johnson City Library – Crawl Bear to Top of Stairs and Bear Crawl Back to Bottom – 30 inclined Merkins on the Wall
Leg 5 – Mosey from Johnson City Library to Munsey Rear Parking Lot (Water St. Side) – 30 Squats
Leg 6 – Mosey from Munsey to bottom of Girls Inc. Hill.
To the top and Hit the sign and back to the bottom – 30 LBC
To the top and hit the sign and back to the bottom – 30 American Hammers
To the top and hit the sign and back to the bottom – 30 Squats
Leg 7 – Mosey to intersection of Buffalo and Market – Merkins till the Six Catches Up
Leg 8 – Intersection of Buffalo and Market to Amped-Theater.
Merkins x 10 IC
Cherry Pickers x 20 IC
COT/Closing Prayer – Roadblock
Announcements: Turkey Trot, Saturday Football
Moleskin: YHC has had a few days to reflect on both GrowSchool and GoRuck. I have arrived at the following lessons and self reflections;
- I am not comfortable with fellowship and or seeking fellowship. F3 is changing that. That feels good. I don’t feel alone anymore. I want to give that to someone else. I think I am starting to grasp something beyond the fitness aspect of F3.
- Accountability starts with me and I am not doing a good job in any phase of my life. F3 is changing that too. That gives me faith. Faith in me and faith in people. That feels good.
- I have no clue what my dolphin or daffodil are. I feel like I am ready to start learning. Kinda sucks I am 44 but better late than never.
- Goruck events are satisfying because you feel like a team. It was good to see others bleeding on a log and getting right back under that log.
- I liked Redrum’s reason for joining F3 and leading goruck events. I know my head feels clearer after posting with ya’ll and I feel like I am not just walking around with a People Suit on, I feel more like a people.
Most of all I remembered many things I am thankful for; My health, my family, and the future. However, it reminded me that there are many things I take for granted. I think that is what this growschool and goruck event drove home for me. One day I really will not be able to come out and enjoy a workout with mumble-chatter and fellowship. There will come a time when I cannot shoulder a ruck or throw a ball with my kids. It was probably not the thing that I was supposed to remember the most from either event but, Dredd with a few twirls of his finger and recital of Pink Floyd really put me on my ear the rest of the weekend.
“So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it’s sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I’d something more to say.”
I am not sure what my individual accomplishments may be, but man what could we, as a fellowship of men accomplish? That thought makes me smile. A big old genuine smile. I am thankful for that, because I would not have a had it without F3, you men and our time together.
I cannot outrun the sun. We can outrun the sun. – Roadblock Out.