17 PAX and 55° for a “get back up again” themed Q that introduces a new exercise, in honor of our Na’ntan, called the “All Day Merkin.”
- Merkins 10 IC
- Through The Tunnel 10 IC
- Side Straddle Hops 50 IC
- Stair Lap
The theme for today is “get back up again.” QIC asked the men not to modify by skipping or simplifying the work, but to just go slow, take breaks if they needed, but to finish what they had started.
- 10 Burpees
- 10 Knee Drops (two knees down/up = 1)
- 10 Hydraulic Planks (two arms down/up = 1)
- 10 Wall Jumps
- 10 All Day Merkins (the sun rises with a WW2 Situp, hits high noon with a Squat Jump, sets with a Merkin, then the clock strikes midnight with another Squat Jump = 1)
- 10 Hand Clap Decline Merkins
- 10 Wall Step Ups (two legs up/down = 1)
- Crawl Bear up all three levels of amphitheater stairs.
- Stair Lap
- Rinse, repeat 3x.
Mosey to Tombstone Hill and line up for three all-you-have-left hill sprints with walks down to recover. Then mosey home.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
Supporting our get-back-up-again theme, I shared some verses about perseverance and maturity.
From Peter, Jesus’ right hand man:
“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 2 Peter 1:5-8
From James, Jesus’ younger brother:
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And perseverance must finish its work, so that you can be mature and complete, not lacking anything… Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1
And finally, one of the most profound pieces of prose of my lifetime, if not all time, from the one-hit-wonder 90s band, Chumbawamba:
“I get knocked down, but I get up again.”
- Pray for Jeff Kelly who is recovering from a lung transplant.
- MURPH training has kicked in for the month of May. Check Rudy’s Slack posts for a solid training/prep plan.
- There’s an open Iron Horse Q on Saturday. Get on the schedule for May.
- Lots of marital unrest in our midst. Let’s be active in our marriages, leading in forgiveness and love.