Sixteen Pax showed up Oct. 12 to get better for a recylced Cold Call Q from February of 2018.
Imperial Walkers (IC) x15
Little Baby Arm Circles (IC) x 20
LBAC in Reverse (IC) x20
Though The Tunnel (IC) x15
Slow Squats (IC) x10
Today we altered/reenacted some of our favorite childhood games throughout the workout
1. Relay Race– Pax divided into two teams. Each team had one member sprint down about 40 yards away and back, tagging next teammate upon their return. Cycle continued until all Pax ran. While not running, all Pax did Burpees to pass the time.
2. Leap Frog-In partners, Pax took turns leap frogging over one another down the field and back about 40 yards away.
3. Red Rover-Pax divided back into the two teams and lined up at either end of field. First man ran to other end and called name of Pax of his choosing to run next. Pattern continued until all Pax ran to opposite end of field where they started. While not running, all Pax did Lunges to pass the time.
4. Hopscotch-Pax did the traditional hopscotch jumping pattern down the length of the field and back. Pax are clearly more coordinated than 2018 as most of us figured out how to jump, land on our right foot, jump land on both feet, jump land on left foot, jump land on both feet (repeat). Some of the group still did their own improv shuffle, hop, mosey combination.
5. Duck Duck Goose– Pax got into a circle and planked. First man ran around circle while all others did merkins or planked. Upon getting to last Pax he called goose which alerted next pax of his turn to run. All Pax mixed plank and merkins until all Pax had run.
6. Simon Says-Played a few rounds of simon says. Exercise instructions delivered included the following in cadence:
- Motivator from 5
- 30 Squats
- 10 Side Straddle Hops
- 20 Big Boy Sit Ups
- 10 Side Straddle Hops
- 30 Plank Jacks
- There may have been one or two more exercises, but I forget what they were.
7. Suicide Sprints-All Pax ran to first light post and back, to second light post and back, to 3rd light post and back, and to the 4th light post and back. It was a little longer than the traditional basketball court suicide but the lack of mumble chatter told me no one minded.
8. Red Light Green Light-Ran hard on green light and then slowed down safely when red light was called. Unlike 2018, Deepdish emerged without a pulled hammy this time so the yellowish red light appeared to be a good additional instruction for safety.
9. Sack Race-All Pax pretended to have a sack and either shuffled or jumped with both feet together length of field and back.
Went to Tombstone hill and did railroads (pax plank spaced out up hill…bottom pax jumps/runs over each pax until end of line) up to the top of the hill.
Did an extra round of Duck Duck Goose except of running we bear crawled around the circle.
CIRCLE OF TRUST