19 PAX. 1 FNG. 62 degrees.
- Through The Tunnel 10 IC
Inspired by Jack Webb, I just made up combinations of things and named them after famous people who share my birthday.
- Jack Webbs (merkins + air presses) 1:4 ratio to 10/40
- Penn-Seagals (squats + block curls) 1:2 ratio to 10/20
- Halle Berrys (boat/canoes + pickle pounders) 1:2 ration to 10/20
- Magic Johnsons (jump shots + overhead presses) 1:2 ratio to 10/20
- Tim Tebows (take-a-knee lunges + check-your-pads shoulder touches) 1:2 ratio to 10/20
- Steve Martins (8 special purpose hops, saying “I found my special purpose. I’m a wild and crazy guy.” + all i need is this block rows) 1 “hop” + add 2 rows each time to 1/20
- Doc Holidays (big boy situps + “shoot ‘em up” air presses w/ a pew pew sound) 1:2 ratio to 10/20
CIRCLE OF TRUST
Welcome FNG Jason Teague “Flo” (he works for Farm Bureau).
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run [their very best to win], but only one receives the prize? Run [your race] in such a way that you may seize the prize and make it yours! Now every athlete who [goes into training and] competes in the games is disciplined and exercises self-control in all things. They do it to win a crown that withers, but we [do it to receive] an imperishable [crown that cannot wither]. Therefore I do not run without a definite goal; I do not flail around like one beating the air [just shadow boxing]. But [like a boxer] I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached [the gospel] to others, I myself will not somehow be disqualified [as unfit for service].” – 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 AMP
“Write the vision. Inscribe it on stone tablets, that the one who read it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time. It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail.” – Habakkuk 2:2-3
Set a goal. Make a plan. Make it public. Get it done.
Climbing, not sliding.
- Kardashian has a spreadsheet on Slack/GoogleDocs with sign-ups for the Meet the Mountain Festival on August 23rd and 24th. We basicall need guys to man the F3 tent/booth during the festival. It’s an easy gig, and provides some good hang time with your brothers. Get on the list so we can share the load, and other guys don’t have to miss out on their whole Saturday to promote F3 in our community. Personal Note: This is my kids’ favorite Johnson City festival. Last year, they had mountain biking, kayaking, dogs jumping, and just a great family vibe. Check it out.
- 3rd F 3rd Thursday is tonight! 9:00 PM at Main Street Pizza for some faith-building fellowship.