10 PAX, 2 FNGs, and 65 degrees for launch week three at F3WestGA.
- Through The Tunnel 10 IC
- Little Baby Arm Circles 10 IC
- Little Baby Arm Circles 10 IC (reverse)
- Motivators from 7
As one of the launch weeks, I wanted to introduce some “basic” F3 exercises to show an example of how simple it can be to lead a workout, plus a few of my favorites (Motivators, Block Work, Boat/Canoes, Planks). As I’ve gotten in the habit of doing, I brought gifts to the PAX of WestGA in the form of a cinder block for each man there. Put them to good use!
Two men buddy up and take turns either running or doing work until they have completed a cumulative, joint total of 100 Merkins, 200 Squats, and 300 LBCs (little baby crunches). We did a 50 yard run, but that can be 100 yards, if you want to add more cardio.
- 100 Merkins
- 200 Squats
- 300 LBCs
Grab a block.
- 10 Block Burpees (burpee on the block, then do two curls and four overhead presses)
- Perform 20 Squats. Run across the field. Perform 1 LBC. Run back.
- Perform 19 Squats. Run across the field. Perform 2 LBC. Run back.
- Perform 18 Squats. Run across the field. Perform 3 LBC. Run back.
- Continue decreasing the # of squats and increasing the # of LBCs, maintaining a combined total of 21 each time until you reach 1 Squat and 20 LBCs.
Jack Webbs (Incredible Hulks)
- Perform 1 Merkin and 4 Air Presses
- Perform 2 Merkins and 8 Air Presses
- Perform 3 Merkins and 12 Air Presses
- Continue incrementing by 1 and/or 4 until you get to 10 and 40
- Get on your six (butt).
- Lift your knees and head into a situp-like position, balancing on your six.
- Extend your feet and head outward to a straight body position, keeping everything off the ground except your six.
- Rinse, repeat as directed. Maybe 10 times?
- Plank for 30 seconds (or so… I “accidentally” lost count a few times).
CIRCLE OF TRUST
- Welcome FNG “Shirley.” He’s a Navy stud who is a fan of the Kingsmen movies, so we named him after a girls’ drink, like the female agent in the movie.
- Welcome FNG “Buddha,” Green Jeans, 2.0. He had a belly when he played youth baseball and the name stuck.
“Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 2 Peter 1:5-8
“But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today.” – Hebrews 3:13
Also, a reminder of a few of the F3 thoughts that came up today:
- Climbing, not sliding.
- When you get that first thought that you’re done, you’re actually at 40% of your potential. Keep pushing.
- Your race. Your pace. Slow and steady.
- Open up. Be honest. Be yourself. Share your struggles. Share your weaknesses. It’ll create good friendships and good accountability with other men. It’ll make you better. It will make others better too.
- Be humble. Work hard.
- Put your feet on the floor. It always feels good to do something hard to start your day. You’ll be proud that you did.
- Doc Ock and Mater are signing up for a Tough Mudder coming up. Join in the fun!
- We’ll get the web site up and running by the end of the month. Don’t wait for that to EH (give the emotional headlock to) your buddies. Get them out in the gloom to do work.