27 PAX post for a crisp-but-dry 32º morning, and Penn-Seagal’s first Q since his birthday in August — a event so epic that the Johnson City Press showed up to document the occasion. (Full disclosure: That correlation might be diminished slightly by the knowledge that Pythagoras called the Press to suggest they do a story on F3 in our region). *shrug* Whatever. Potâto. Potäto.
- Through The Tunnel – 10 IC
- Side Straddle Hops – 50 IC
- Merkins – 2 IC (That’s right, two. I would’ve done one, but it was too hard to count cadence in a way that the PAX would know that the first one was also the last one.)
- Plank for 60 seconds (may have been 90, accidentally)
- 50 Block Curls
- 40 Overhead Presses
- 30 Dips
- 20 Block Rows
- 10 Merkins
- Stair Lap
- Rinse, repeat. 3x.
Mosey to Tombstone Hill.
- Sprint up, walk down.
- Rinse, repeat. 3x. (Unless you’re talking to the guy from the Johnson City Press. Then you can just do two. Not that I would know.)
Mosey back to the Amphitheater.
- Hydraulic Planks – 5 IC with 30 second plank holds
- Little Baby Crunches – 20 IC
CIRCLE OF TRUST
Welcome FNG Adam Bowman – F3 “O.J.” He works for Hertz Rent-A-Car, which reminded us of their old commercials featuring OJ Simpson.
It’s great to be back out with there with you guys the past two weeks. It’s healthy for me to put in the work, but it’s the friendship and fellowship that prompted me to get out of the sack and back into the gloom. I didn’t so much miss “it.” I missed you. (fist bump)
One of the churches I grew up in sent us out every week with a blessing from Numbers 6 (my current church does a similar thing). Here it is, for you. I’m praying it as a blessing over you and your families as I post this. Father, let it be so.
“May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord turn his face toward you and grant you peace.” Amen.
P.S. The soundtrack for this morning’s work included some of my favorites from 2018, plus a few others mixed in. Here’s the list.
- In the Real Early Morning by Jacob Collier
- Animal Spirits by Vulfpeck
- Birds of a Feather, We Rock Together by Vulfpeck
- Tell Me Something Good by Rufus (featuring Chaka Khan)
- Sticks & Stones by Kings Kaleidoscope
- Wake Up Sleeper by Gungor
- Gravity by Sara Bareilles
- 715 – CrEEks by Bon Iver
- 45 by Bon Iver
- Rango II by Vulfpeck
- Due tramonti by Ludovico Einaudi
- 3rd F 3rd Thursday is a no-go tonight. We’ll circle up next week. Stay tuned for a heads up from Twilight on that.
- Welcome our new 2019 FQs: Daisy – 1st F. PBS – 2nd F. Launchpad and Twilight – 3rd F. Lots of new stuff coming down the pipe.
- We have two Saturday Qs open in January and February is wide open. Get on the Q. Someone mentioned that Apple Butter was ready. Who else?
- There are a lot of guys out there who made New Year’s Resolutions to get fitter and healthier, and don’t realize the benefit of early morning, in-the-gloom, cold-and-wet, climbing-the-hill fellowship. Now is a great time to put the EH (emotional headlock) on them and get them out to F3.