It was a beautiful morning for a hill workout. To get the most out of our hill workout, we mosey’d to the treacherous steep hill to conduct the beatdown. 12 PAX embarked upon a journey they did not want to take; however, YHC, did not want to take the journey either, but it needed to be done.
DISCLAIMER – Yes
PRAYER – Yes
- .SSH x 20 IC
- TTT X 10 IC
- LBCs X 10 IC (Forward and Reverse)
- Merkins X 10 IC
- IW X 10 IC
Hill work is never fun, but it seems to be a lot more fun with other PAX who hate it as much as you do! We did the first 4 exercises with a partner and then the last one was done as an entire group, but ended up being part of our MARY.
- Partner 1 – sprinted up the hill while Parnter 2 did squats X 5
- Partner 1 – did suicides up the hill while Partner 2 did lunges/merkins X 5
- Partner 1 – bear crawled up the hill while Partner 2 did LBCs X 5
- Partner 1 – Broad Jumped up the hill while Partner 2 did Heels to Heaven/Box Cutters X 5
- Group Work 1: All 12 PAX lined up next to each other in a Plank position. The first person did 10 merkins and then did a sprint up the hill. The next person in the line began their merkins once the PAX before them began their sprint. The rest of the PAX held a plank until it was their turn. Upon re-joining the line, the PAX would begin to hold plank again until all PAX were finished with their sprint.
- 1-min high plank
CIRCLE OF TRUST
I just shared that when we walk through times of trials, we need to re-focus our hearts and consider it joy as James 1 states. It’s not easy to do this, but it is something we can do because we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to lean into Him. Just like we are pushed to go further and harder at workouts, which creates a strength we didn’t have prior to the challenge, God wants us to lean into Him during our trials, so we can go deeper with him and build our strength and understanding of Him. We are put in tough situations for a reason. As we continue to build our persistence, our confidence will build as well.
July 11 Convergence
St. Jude’s Run; see Yogi for more information.