12 Pax came out for the official launch of the second AO in Johnson City. There’s a lot of real estate to work with at the new AO. YHC resisted the temptation to hit the pull-up bars (again) to explore other features of the New AO—particularly the football field.
YHC is pushing the PAX hard on the upcoming Tennessee GrowRuck. So, some GoRuck type training seemed to be in order.
Conditions—Cold (26 Degrees), but dry
- SSH (40 IC)
- TTT (10 IC)
- LBAC (10 each way, IC)
- Windmills (10 IC)
- Imperial Walkers (15 IC)
- Squats (10 IC)
- Merkins (15 IC)
Line up across the sidelines in some semblance of order. Objective is simple, get back and forth across the width of the field‚ sideline to sideline, with rotating exercises. Cones set up at the 30 yard mark.
- Burpee Broad jump to cones -> run across to sideline and back -> 10 Hand Release Merkins
- Bear Crawl to cones -> run across to sideline and back -> 10 Hand Release Merkins
- Crab Walk to cones -> run across to sideline and back -> 10 Hand Release Merkins
- Duck Wallk to cones -> run across to sideline and back -> 10 Hand Release Merkins
- Lunge to cones -> run across to sideline and back -> 10 Hand Release Merkins
- Sandbags -> shouldering (10 reps) -> shoulder carry across and back -> fall back in rotation
Rinse and Repeat with 20 squats on the return & 15 Carolina Dry Docks.
Most Pax were able to get 2 – 2.5 full rounds before time.
Finished off with flutter kicks (20 IC) while waiting on the 6
Solid work by the PAX. It’s a privilege and an honor to be able to work out with these guys day in and day out. Adding a new AO marks a new era in the history of F3 JC. It’s exciting and intimidating. However, we are going to be just fine. Many HIMs in Johnson City and they are going nowhere.
FNG Andy Didyk: children, outdoors, photography, english major, Shakespeare? Renaissance man? NO, too cool. PBS (kids shows and educational).