Saturday, April 1 of 2017 was no joke—17 men put their feet on the floor and started a new era in the life of F3 Northeast Tennessee and Erwin. Nine men from Johnson City met up with 8 other men from Erwin (5 FNGs) to plant the shovel flag in new soil.
Launching an AO in a new city is always interesting. Your not sure who is going to show up and those who do are not quite sure what to expect. It’s a nice mix of anxiety & excitement all the way around. The Johnson City guys know this; we were there 10 months ago. Ten months later, we came full circle by welcoming the Erwin guys into the F3 brotherhood. The Erwin men responded in kind by showing up and putting in work that was worthy of putting the F on their chest.
The Johnson City group arrived early for a little recon, looking for unique features of the AO to incorporate into the workout. We found some interesting props and were able to construct a respectable smoker that allowed the Erwin guys learn about F3 and get up close and personal with the AO features.
Welcome and brief description of F3
- SSH (20 IC)
- Merkins (5 IC)
- Through the Tunnel (10 IC)
- Little Baby Arm Circles (10 each way, IC)
- Windmills (10 IC)
- Squats (10 IC)
- Imperial Walkers (15 IC)
- Hillbilly Walkers (15 IC)
(1) Field Squat/Merkin Ladder
It doesn’t get anymore F3 than a nice squat/merkin ladder lead…
- Run to 1st line (25 yards) -> 10 squats -> run back -> 10 merkins at the baseline
- Run to 2nd line (50 yards) -> 20 squats -> run back w/ 10 merkins at the previous line & 10 merkins at the baseline
- Run to 3rd line (75 yards) -> 30 squats -> run back w/10 merkins at each line you pass & 10 at the baseline
- Run to the 4th line (100 yards) -> 40 squats -> run back w/10 merkins at each line you pass & 10 at the baseline
(2) Triple Nickel
During the recon, YHC noticed a nice little embankment off the track into a grassy flat. A little triple nickel seemed appropriate. Actually, the JC Pax have not experienced the triple yet—I’ve kept a few aces in the pocket.
- 5 burpees -> up the hill to the track -> 5 burpees (rise and repeat for 3 rounds)
Mosey to the far side of the field to the offensive lineman chutes. YHC found these gems ealier and noticed two set’s of benches along the far side of the track. This set up well for a nice little circuit.
(3) AO Prop Circuit
- Metal chutes -> 20 body rows | 10 dips -> mosey to bench 1
- Bench 1 -> 10 steps ups each leg -> mosey to bench 2
- Bench 2 -> 10 decline or incline merkins (your choice) -> mosey back to metal chutes
(4) Lunges & 8 Count Body Builders
- Line up on the side line -> lunge to cone (20 yards) -> run to far sideline -> 5 8-count body builders (rinse and repeat)
Circle up for Mary
- Big boy sit-ups (20 OYO)
- Flutter kicks (25 (IC)
- Heels to heaven (20 IC)
- Hello Dolly (20 IC)
Welcome Erwin FNGs
- Matt Rice -> spilled merlot during the workout -> no brainer -> Chunk
- Jared Byrd -> for some reason Honcho asked if he’d ever been arrested (must have been the nice tattoo work) -> indeed he had -> 2x on the same day during spring break -> Double Jeopardy
- Andy Frazier -> youth minister and part time web designer -> Java, C++ -> GoDaddy
- Robert Bess (Respect) -> local pastor -> former military -> medic -> Mash -> Hawkeye
- Andrew Harris -> banker -> works with rise up -> back to banker -> Potter (banker from It’s a Wonderful Life
It was an honor to Q the launch workout for F3 Erwin. These guys have great attitudes and I can’t wait to see how this group continues to grow. They have two High Impact Men (HIM) leading the way in Escape Hatch and Slugger. These guys are going to turn Erwin upside down. No sadclown is safe.
Thanks to the JC men who went to Erwin to help with the launch. I can’t say enough about these guys—full of mumble chatter and encouragement. They model the culture we want to instill in F3 Northeast Tennessee. The day started with a little anxiety and excitement. It ended with coffeeteria at an awesome local coffee shop and a new set of F3 brothers. Welcome F3 Erwin.