COP – Sugar
Cool 44 degrees. 12 PAX started their Friday morning off right. YHC was looking forward to bringing a beatdown at the Range for the first time. Heard it is polite to bring a gift when you’re invited to someplace for the first time so I brought the BOPOvator to the Range. There was a little mumblechatter confirming they enjoyed it too.
- SSH IC x 20
- TTT IC x 10
- LBAC forward IC x 10
- LBAC reverse IC x 10
- Shoulder Pretzels IC x 10
- Merkins IC x 10
- BOPOvators from 2 (a blend of Motivators and BOPOs. A BOPO is 1 burpee, 1 one-legged burpee, 1 plank jack and 1 one-legged burpee using the other leg = 1 rep). This exercise inserts 1 BOPO at the end of every round of Motivators before starting the descending reps of the next round.
Tachycardia: Mosey to 3-tier parking lot at SHHS for a brief heart anatomy lesson. The heart has 4 chambers – right atrium, right ventricle, left atrium and left ventricle. Blood flows in the following order: right atrium to right ventricle then to the lungs for oxygenation. Blood flows back to the left atrium to left ventricle then pumped to brain, organs and extremities. After delivering oxygen-rich blood to the body, it comes back to the right atrium and repeats the cycle.
The PAX were exhorted to get their heart rates up as fast as possible using the blood flow cycle pattern of the heart. The following exercises were used starting at the midlevel parking lot:
- Right atrium exercise – BOPOvators from 5
- Right ventricle – 25 High knees (R+L = 1)
- Run up the stairs to the top level parking lot and back down the stairs (to the lungs for oxygen and back to the heart)
- Left atrium – 15 burpees
- Left ventricle – 25 Mtn Climbers (R+L = 1)
- Run back up the stairs to the top level parking lot and back down all the way to the lower level parking lot (to brain/organs and extremities and back to the heart)
Rinse and repeat until time was called and mosey back to the starting location for a few minutes of Jack Webb Crawl across the parking lot.
Mary – Jack Webb Crawl: Starting at 1 parking space, perform 1 merkin and 4 air presses. Then bear crawl to next parking space and perform 2 merkins and 8 air presses. Bear crawl to the next parking space and continue in an ascending 1:4 ratio until time ran out.
- QSource tomorrow morning at JC Schools Central Office, 100 E. Maple St.
- Rise Up is an after school mentoring program for youth. F3 has been invited to build/install pull up bars. Anyone wanting to donate can use Venmo or give $$ to AOQ. See Slack for details.