17 other PAX showed up on a somewhat humid, but nonetheless starry-skied 72 degree morning to see if QIC Radar could redeem himself from his VQ (way too much mumble chatter last time).
- Side-Straddle Hops (14 IC)
- Through The Tunnel (14 IC)
- Hillbilly Walkers (14 IC)
- Little Baby Arm Circles (14 IC each direction)
- Little Baby Crunches (14 IC)
Mosey once around the track to get the blood pumping
In celebration of my 7th Wedding Anniversary, I decided to create my workout around the number 7 (7 sets of 7 exercises, in increasing increments of 7 reps).
Triple 7s Circuit WIB (Workout In A Bag):
- Starting at the corner of the track, at your own pace, complete the set of seven exercises listed below in order
- Jog counter-clockwise to the next corner of the track and repeat the set, but eliminate the last exercise completed from the previous set (Set #2 will not include Exercise #7, Set #3 will not include Exercise #6 or #7, etc.)
- Repeat Step #2 until completion or end of time
- Exercise #1: 7 Burpees (49 Total, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #2: 14 Merkins (84 Total, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #3: 21 Lunges Per Leg (105 Total Per Leg, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #4: 28 Squats (112 Total, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #5: 35 Big Boy Sit-ups (105 Total, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #6: 42 Smurf Jacks (84 Total, if all seven sets completed)
- Exercise #7: 49 Flutter Kicks (49 Total, if all seven sets completed)
Note: Mumble Chatter quickly came to a halt in the middle of the first set…SUCCESS!
MARY (No time left at this point; we were pretty much smoked at this point anyways)
CIRCLE OF TRUST
MOLESKIN (on Marriage)
Honeysuckle was speaking about what God expects from us in our marriage with our wife last Sunday in Sunday School, and I thought it profound and appropriate, on such a momentous occasion in my life, to speak to you about it today.
Marriage should be less about us and more like Christ. We all can agree that marriage is a precious gift and an amazing blessing, but it takes maximum effort in order to achieve a “marriage made in heaven”. A common mistake we face is to fall into the trap of thinking marriage is about self-gratification. What can I get out of it and how does it makes me feel? However, in Ephesians, 5:22-27, Paul explains that marriage is designed to be a selfless union. In verse 25 (NASB), it says “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,”. This love is unconditional, without any expectation of reciprocity. Mark 10:45 (NASB) says “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
Society has created this false narrative that marriage is about the husband and wife each giving 50% effort in the relationship. However, we are biblically called to give maximum effort. There is nothing more gratifying than doing something favorable for your wife when she least expects it. The joy of self-sacrifice for the sake of your spouse, all for the glory of Christ, will help your marriage resemble Christ’s love for the Church. Are you willing to die to self, in order to do what God has commanded us?
Source: Edwards, Jonathan. “Your Marriage Is Not About You”. Desiring God, 23 February, 2017, http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/your-marriage-is-not-about-you . Accessed 16 August, 2017.
Unless you have a very good excuse, Donatello expects ALL NETN PAX to get on the GrowRuck Pain Train (see newly added #growruck channel on Slack App). Training starts in September for the November event. More details to follow.