A balmy 32 degree and soggy morning welcomed 9 PAX to the Ironhorse for some mid-week work.
something about QIC not being a professional and the warmup about to prove it…..
- through-the-tunnel (nice and slow, for my old joints) in cadence to 10
- Hillbilly walkers, in cadence to 10
- Imperial walkers, in cadence to 10
- 10 burpees OYO
- LBAC’s IC to 16
- LBAC’s reverse IC to 15
QIC likes tombstone hill at the Horse, so PAX mosey’ed to hill to incorporate it into an old-fashioned ladder. PAX were instructed to do following exercises at 5 cones on way up and repeat on way down – Bernie Sanders on way up hill, forward jog down.
- 10 WWI situps
- 20 Merkins
- 30 Squats
- 40 Jumping Jacks (or as 2A said, “he means Side straddle Hops”)
- 50 mountain climbers
PAX planked and helped others finish the ladder before moseying the long way back to amphitheater.
PAX counted off to form teams of 3 for some ab work.
- 2 PAX on either end doing flutter kicks, while 3rd PAX bear crawled to relieve PAX in relay fashion.
- teams did this for 3-4 revolutions.
- PAX then gathered at amphitheater in circle and were instructed to lead in their “favorite exercise” for 30 reps in cadence.
- Pythagorus – Carolina drydocks
- Cooter – Fire Hydrant (15 each leg)
- 2nd Amendment – slow squats
- Swingline – LBAC’s
- CIRCLE OF TRUST
- PRAYER & MOLESKIN
- Lots of important thoughts and prayers for fellow PAX who have family members going through some serious health issues. QIC also asked for prayers for Kelly Witherspoon – friend who has significant vision loss after both retinas detached due to a freak accident with a rubber workout band at home.
- YHC reminds all PAX to practice caution when working out on your own – don’t take shortcuts, make sure your gear is secure, wear safety gear (many PAX have mentioned some they use on SLACK), and stay SAFE – especially if using bands.