It was a beautiful Saturday morning at Arrowhead for my first Q in honor of my birthday (27th on July, 2nd, hence the 9 reps x 3 theme). 6 men showed up plus myself gave us a total of 7. Some familiar faces and some new ones, all ready to go to work.
THROUGH THE TUNNEL x 9
WILLIE MAYS HAYES x 9/side
MOTIVATOR FROM 9
ARM CIRCLES (FRONT, BACK AND CHINOOKS) X 9
3 laps around the track while carrying blocks. Each lap had 4 stations to stop and do movements.
- STEP-UPS W/ BLOCK x 9/leg
- FLUTTER KICKS (IN CADENCE) x 9
- DIPS (BLOCK IN LAP) x 9
- BLOCK CURLS x 9
- BLOCK SQUATS x 9
- FREDIE MERCURY (IN CADENCE) x 9
- OVERHEAD PRESS x 9
- OVERHEAD TRICEP EXT x 9
x 3 laps
TRUE or FALSE
- Statements about myself were presented to the group, they had to decide for themselves weather the statement was true or false.
- If you chose incorrect, you and myself did 3 burpees.
- The group that was correct planked until the burpees were done (some did some pity burpees with the incorrect group).
- x 9 Questions
There was plenty of time left, so each person in the group called out different workouts until time was called (about 20 minutes worth). These workouts consisted of ab work, merkins, bear crawls, lunges and balance work to cool off.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
I spoke about having doubt and lack of confidence yourself. Don’t make decisions or abstain from things that you will regret later down the road. Get outside of your comfort zone every now and then.
No announcements were made.