Seven Pax including one FNG showed up expecting to put in some work and your’s truly hoped a team-based challenge would not disppoint.
- SSH x 10 IC
- Through The Tunnel x 10 IC
- Willie Mays Hayes R & L
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
- Hillbilly Walkers x 10 IC
Mosey toward Freedom Hall
- 10 Burpees OYO
- Lunges x 10 IC
- Squats x 10 IC
Mosey last little bit to Freedom Hall
- Flutter Kicks x 10 IC
- American Hammer x 10 IC
- Hand Release Merkins x 10 IC
Cold Call had a 7 man circuit set up around Freedom Hall. One Pax starts at each station doing their prescribed exercise. Man #1 sets the pace by starting on the stairs and working toward man #2. Once at station #2, man # 1 would take over the exercise at that location and man #2 would proceed to station #3/man #3, etc. The goal was to get all 7 pax through all 7 stations. We didn’t quite get there. This bad boy will be back again with a shorter warm up in hopes we can knock it out. The seven stations are listed below.
- #1 Bottom of stairs-incline merkin on steps and then broad jump up to step where hands were. Rinse and repeat until up to top of first flight of stairs then run up second flight.
- #2 Top of Stairs-Burpee. Once replaced mosey to station #3.
- #3 SSH. Once replaced lunge to station #4.
- #4 Merkins. Once replaced mosey to station #5.
- #5 WWI Situps. Once replaced Bernie Sanders to station #6.
- #6 American Hammer. Once replaced broad jump to station #7.
- #7 Hand Release Merkins. Once replaced mosey to stairs and start station #1.
No time for Mary. We were actually a few minutes overtime because someone dropped the flag and we had a 10 burpee penalty.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
Welcome FNG Olsen. He is a father of twin girls, though I don’t think they were on Full House.
A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link. So what? Can’t I be athletically fit all on my own? It doesn’t matter how long it takes Cold Call to do his merkins and get around Freedom Hall to me, I can push myself. Yes, that is true, in a sense. But none of us achieve our goals all on our own. “No man is an island.” Jon Donne Or, as the Bible teaches “We are our brother’s keeper.” None of us can do this life alone. To believe that we can is a lie. Any success we find in fitness, in our careers, in our family and personal life, or in our spirituality we will find thanks to the help of others. So, three lessons to help ensure we push ourselves and one another to be strong and not break the chain.
- Show up…for yourself and for your brothers. You can’t get better if you don’t show up and put in the work.
- Ask for help. We are really crappy at this as men. We are vulnerable and to pretend we are not is stupid. We need to ask for help when we need it and ask others how they are doing.
- Give yourself and others grace, because none of us are perfect. Trying to be will only lead to disappointment.
Convergence at the Range tomorrow at 6:30am.