Eleven PAX un-assed the sack and were rewarded with beautiful weather, an amazing sunrise, and Donatello’s greatest hits.
- SSH (20 IC)
- Through the Tunnel (10 IC)
- Imperial Walkers (15 IC)
- Windmills (10 IC)
- Hillbilly Walkers (10 IC)
- Slow squats (10 IC)
- Merkins (5 IC)
Evolution 1—Pain Train (Hat Tip to my friend Ranger from SC who led the 1st official F3 workout in Johnson City during the launch).
- Cone 1 (25 yards) -> 10 squats -> back to Start (5 burpees)
- Cone 2 (50 yards) -> 15 squats -> Cone 1 (10 merkins) -> start (5 burpees)
- Cone 3 (75 yards) -> 20 squats -> Cone 2 (10 merkins) -> Cone 1 (10 merkins) -> start (5 burpees)
- Cone 4 (100 yards) -> 25 squats -> Cone 3 (10 merkins) -> Cone 2 (10 merkins) -> Cone 1 (10 merkins) -> start (5 burpees)
- Back down the ladder to Cone 1
Evolution 2—11’s (personal favorite)
- 10 box jumps | 1 decline merkin
- 9 box jumps | 2 decline merkin
- 8 box jumps | 3 decline merkin
- 7 box jumps | 4 decline merkin
- 6 box jumps | 5 decline merkin
- 5 box jumps | 6 decline merkin
- 4 box jumps | 7 decline merkin
- 3 box jumps | 8 decline merkin
- 2 box jumps | 9 decline merkin
- 2 box jumps | 10 decline merkin
Circle up for Middle Mary to give the legs a break
- 25 LBC | 15 supermans
- 20 LBC | 10 supermans
- 15 LBC | 5 supermans
Repeat 11’s with Lunges & Dips
Circle up again and repeat LBC & superman circuit
Evolution 3—Donatello’s. Some knew and some didn’t but there is an exercise in the F3 Lexicon called “the Donatello.” In SC we had a massive set of stairs between the parking lot and field (7 landings massive). When guys were ready for Mary—I had a tendency to skip the soft ending and go for suicide stair runs. The guys loved it so much, the engraved it in the F3 lexicon. We do not have stairs, so I came up with an alternative for Tombstone Hill (named in Week 5 by a PAX named Stagecoach from F3 Lake Murry in SC).
- 1st light pole and down -> 8-count body builders (2)
- 2nd light pole and down -> 8-count body builders (4)
- 3rd light pole and down -> 8-count body builders (6)
- 4th light pole and down -> 8-count body builders (8)
- Back down the ladder
Swingline and I reminisced about the 133 8-count body builders we had to do at the GORUCK Heavy in Knoxville a few years ago. Both agree they suck way more with 35# strapped to your back in the middle of an asphalt parking lot in blazing sun.
Planed for 45 seconds until time.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
I’m ready for an F3 revival—starting with me. Good to be back at IH, where it all began.
- Memorial Day Murph (be there)
- 5-Year Convergence, June 12—you’d damn well better be at that one. That’s a major milestone.